Company: Ohio MENTOR
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Behavioral Technician* As Behavior Technician you will provide
home-based therapeutic support to children in foster care within
Lorain county. * Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship
by building rapport with the person served.
* Follow the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound
judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation.
* Collaborate with the family and treatment team members to provide
behavior management techniques effectively and without disruption
to the environment or other individuals.
* Educate parents/guardians on reinforcement and intervention
information when requested.
* Promote safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in
order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction,
and problem-solving skills
* Review progress of people served objectively using behavior
analytic methods, identify solutions to barriers, and make
recommendations to the supervisor and behavior analyst when
* Accurately collect behavior data including: A-B-C, count,
frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and
interval-based recording as needed
* Ensure all documentation, both staff and person served related is
completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Complete incident reports as required by agency policy and
* Review daily updates for person served such as new programs,
access level changes, scheduled sessions, etc., implement programs
and train staff on implementation.
* Ensure proper implementation and retraining as needed by
routinely communicating with staff.
* Schedule and prepare for leisure activities to keep persons
served engaged and active when therapy sessions are not taking
* Attend clinical meetings as assigned such as access review
meetings, clinical team meetings, progress conferences, etc.
* Responsible for providing up-to-date residential status of
participants and identifying problem areas affecting the
participant. Follow through with solutions based upon clinical team
recommendations. _*Qualifications: *_* Bachelors in Human Services
* At least 1 year exp providing behavioral support to youth
* Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish
trust and rapport quickly
* A good listener with an ability to empathize while still
providing guidance _*Why Join Us?*_* Flexible schedule
* Complex work adding value to the organization's mission alongside
a great team of coworkers
* Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and
advancement opportunities *We have meaningful work for you - come
join our team - *_*Apply Today!*_ Job Type: Part-time Pay: $9.50 -
$26.00 per hour Schedule:
* After school
* Evening shift
* Self-determined schedule
* Weekend availability Education:
* Bachelor's (Required) Experience:
* behavioral support: 1 year (Required) Work Location: On the
Keywords: Ohio MENTOR, Elyria , Behavior Technician, Professions , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!