Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Shalmet, based in Orwigsburg, PA and Elyria, OH specializes in
coil-to-coil, coil-to-bar, bar-to-bar, and hollow bar processing of
stainless, superalloys, titanium, carbon and alloy steels, aluminum
and other nonferrous materials. They provide rebuilding and
re-engineering of customer machines. Shalmet was acquired by
Carpenter Technology Corporation in 1997 and operates within the
corporation's Specialty Alloys Operations division.PLANT MANAGER -
Elyria, OhioPOSITION SUMMARY: Manage the day-to-day activities of
all functional areas of the plant with consideration for the goals
and objectives of the organization. Functional areas include
production, maintenance, shipping/receiving, quality, operations
planning, HR, safety, facilities and security.PRIMARY DUTIES FOR
THE PLANT MANAGER
- Work with technical experts at the Orwigsburg, PA plant to
address issues and implement solutions in functional areas.
Identify and develop goals and objectives for the plant that are
aligned with those of the Shalmet organization.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors. Adapts
departmental plans and priorities to address business, department
and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies,
procedures and department or business plan; receives guidance from
manager. Provides technical guidance to employees and/or
- Develop personal goals and objectives that enhance the
organization and individual leadership qualities. Define and
implement plans, actions, and measurements to meet the aligned
department/personal goals and objectives. Measure and evaluate
execution of the plans and make appropriate adjustments to meet the
aligned goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of the existing manufacturing systems
including the computer systems, steel making processes, material
flow and handling schemes, quality systems and process control
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment, and process and
maintenance technologies. Work with the personnel, systems and
equipment to achieve and/or maintain desired work center
- Define and communicate performance expectations for personnel
and coach and counsel them in the performance of job
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PLANT MANAGER
- Four-year college degree preferred. High School Diploma
- 2+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, Specialist
- Manufacturing Support, or lower level manager.
- Ability to influence and provide input to forecasting and
planning resources; may manage allocated budgets.
- Experience evaluating and recommending new equipment and
process and maintenance technologies.
- Experience with addressing corrective performance issues in a
timely and consistent manner, objectively evaluate performance and
ability to train and develop others.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, project management
skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- Will need to be available for emergency situations after
regular business hours and/or on weekends and have the ability to
work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines.Carpenter
Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company
contributions as well as many other options to employees.Carpenter
Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively
maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Elyria , Plant Manager, Professions , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!