Asbestos Abatement Superintendent
Company: ENVi Environmental LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Who are we?
ENVi Environmental, LLC is an Ohio based consulting firm - offices
in Independence and Elyria. Partnered with Kurtz Bros, Inc., ENVi
provides consulting services relating to Air/Water/Waste
Permitting, Compliance, Due Diligence (Phase I, II), BUSTR,
Asbestos Services and Beneficial Use & Recycling programs.
Kurtz Bros., Inc. & ENVi employees take pride in the company's
strong family tradition, history of growth and innovative approach
to problem solving in the "green industry". With over 70 years of
experience, Kurtz Bros., Inc. is a pioneer in caring for Ohio's
environment and natural resources. As an industry leader committed
to excellence in customer satisfaction, our companies continue to
provide innovative products and solutions to the waste-to-resource
and soil-related industries we serve.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Has a valid Asbestos Abatement Certification
- Pass a spirometry exam (respirator test), drug test &
- Have a valid Drivers License & Reliable transportation
- Have experience with running abatement projects/crew
- Professionalism / attention to detail a mustWe are seeking
assertive and reliable individuals who take a proactive approach to
their work and seek quality job site performance.
- Responsible for working with asbestos and/or other regulated
waste removals while adhering to all regulatory state and federal
standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Work and tasks are often straightforward, routine, structured
and guided by established policies and procedures.
- Under leadership of field supervisors, train to perform
removal, enclosure, encapsulation, and/or other methods of
eliminating and controlling hazardous material or hazardous
environmental conditions including asbestos.
- The individual will participate in industry training, update
certifications, and maintain fitness levels as required for the
- Other qualifications and responsibilities might arise as deemed
necessary by circumstances.The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to communicate effectively with project managers and
company management team to ensure that projects are completed
safely and in a timely fashion.
- May involve exposure to heights, extreme temperatures,
hazardous chemicals, close spaces and lifting, requirements up to
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background
check and physical exam.
- Pass training/testing for specific certifications.
- Be able to wear a respirator and personal protective
- Must be able to travel to various job site locations.
- Be available for overtime and weekend work as needed by
- Must have the proper ID (s) for employment purposes.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a valid Drivers License and reliable transportation
to and from work.
- Must be able to work scheduled work hours.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May
need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and
additional hours as necessary
- Other duties may be assignedAdditional preferred skills for
- Possession of current asbestos abatement worker/supervisor card
with 1+ years of experience a plus.
- Construction industry experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability,
veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Kurtz Bros/ENVi is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental
disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if
you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please call: 216-986-7000. We will make a determination
on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case
Keywords: ENVi Environmental LLC, Elyria , Asbestos Abatement Superintendent, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!