Registered Respiratory Therapist Float - Pediatrics
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients
with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Must float to multiple CCHS locations to perform respiratory
care services for the geriatric, adult and pediatric population in
a variety of inpatient settings like critical care, obstetrics,
emergency department, and behavioral health.
- Must maintain site specific competencies/certifications for
each CCHS location
- Must develop and maintain relationships with multidisciplinary
care teams at each location and local/enterprise respiratory
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and
monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Performs advances respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides
information about community support groups and other available
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas
puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the
blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet the minimum
qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS),
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS)
certification when appropriate by site.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when
appropriate for site.Physical Requirements:
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , Registered Respiratory Therapist Float - Pediatrics, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!