Casting Machine Operator
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Our client, a well-established manufacturing company, is looking
for a Casting Machine Operator in Lorain, OH. This is an immediate
Direct Hire position with an excellent benefits package and
team-oriented work environment. Responsibilities:
- Good working knowledge of all the raw materials and equipment
used in the manufacture of castings at Lorain.
- Unloads incoming raw materials, identifies, and documents all
information required. This requires the use of a tow motor and
physical activity, lifting of 50 lbs. is required.
- Needs to be able to perform different tasks on various levels
of the casting platform. This requires climbing stairs of 3 levels,
numerous times per shift.
- Needs to be able to setup both the VCC and DCC casting
platforms. This requires lifting and bending to be able to complete
this task. Operator needs to be able to follow the safety
regulations and set up procedures.
- Operator needs to be able to operate the VCC and DCC melting
furnaces. This includes the weighing of charge material, both
manually and with the tow motor, melting of the pre-weighed
material, the removal of the dross created during the melting
process and the ability to weigh corrections and pulling of samples
from the molten bath.
- The operator must be able to withstand periods of elevated heat
associated with the casting process.
- The operator needs to be able to perform the building of
receivers and the associated maintenance of these receivers, and
the repairing and patching of the sintered liners in both the VCC
and DCC furnace.
- The operator needs to be able to back fill for the Lead
Operator on an as- needed basis.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks as needed.
- Performs and assists in cleaning the facility and machinery to
meet Company standards.
- May be required to assist in other skilled or unskilled tasks
as required by others.
- Will be expected to train for and become competent in
performing tasks related to the Lead Cast Operator position.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must follow all environmental health and safety rules and
regulations, and must wear all required safety equipment.
- Must have concern for safety for themselves and
- Must have a positive, team player attitude. Please send your
resume to and our team will review your resume and reach out to
discuss this position in detail. Looking forward to working
together! Why Kelly -- ? As a worker today, it's up to you to take
charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow,
and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what
we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of
work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting
with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities
needed to take your career where you may have never imagined. About
Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and
advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Elyria , Casting Machine Operator, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!