Supervisor - Business Services
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
The Business Services Supervisor demonstrates effective business
acumen and leadership skills to directly supervise an assigned team
of Data Processing Specialists. The Supervisor effectively
coaches and manages team performance and utilizes best practices to
achieve established key performance measurements and ensure work is
processed with the highest quality. The Supervisor provides
direct oversight, skill/performance development and management, and
drives operational effectiveness in all master data processing
tasks. The Supervisor builds a culture of excellence and employee
engagement, both on his/her assigned team and in collaboration
across the center.
- Proactively and effectively manages staff performance to ensure
goals and standards are achieved; gives and receives feedback
- Highly collaborative; readily supports functions across the
center and AmeriGas to achieve customer and operational
- Leads team members to consistently achieve performance
excellence; demonstrates positivity and creates a “can do”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for leading a staff of data processing
professionals on the Business Services team including workload
planning and management, coaching, development and performance
- Oversees workflow, anticipates potential hurdles to achieving
service levels, and identifies recommendations and resources to
- Communicates operational metrics and measures to employees and
provides supervision and support to meet the performance metric
- Supervises, trains, and motivates staff; ensures individual and
team performance to goals, service level agreements and quality
metrics, in compliance with client expectations; uses performance
management process when necessary.
- Participates in recruitment programs and interviewing/selection
to hire high quality individuals as needed; effectively onboards
- Works collaboratively with peers, colleagues, and leadership
across the organization to effectively implement new programs,
achieve strategic business plans, and improve business performance;
contributes to special projects.
- Establishes and monitors controls and reporting to maintain
high quality of work and low error rates
- Monitors, assesses, and communicates performance and behavioral
incidents with employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in service/support operations and direct
supervisory responsibilities; able to effectively manage
- Working knowledge of contact center operations, key performance
metrics, and expense management.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and ethics; makes sound
decisions in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Ability to take independent action with general managerial
direction; meets deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Competency in
effective business writing.
- Ability to analyze statistical and performance data, develop
management summary reports and proactively develop action
- Ability to effectively manage personnel and uses appropriate
feedback and performance correction techniques to develop
personnel; administers performance management process
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent operations
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in leadership roles
- Direct supervisory/management experience preferred
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Elyria , Supervisor - Business Services, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!