Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 12, 2021
As a GetGo Kitchen Lead, you will exceed customer and Team Member
needs and expectations by providing safe, efficient, accurate and
pleasant food service. You will also provide guidance and coaching
to Team Members, ensuring the store runs like clockwork. In this
role, you will be on the fast track to store leadership — coaching,
supervising and leading the kitchen team in addition to, and often
on behalf of, the Store Leader.Job Description
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Experience in supervisory role and food
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Preferred: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, customers, and products.
- Exceed customer and Team Member needs and expectations by
providing safe, efficient, accurate and pleasant food service, and
guidance and coaching to Team Members, and exemplary service to
vendors and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a fast, friendly culture by sharing warmth and
passion for service with a smile with all Team Members and
- Assist management in setting and reaching aggressive sales and
profit goals by encouraging sampling and suggesting as much as
possible, while also managing shrink.
- Monitor quality control in kitchen area and when ordering food
- Maintain maximum flexibility in scheduling by confirming that
all Team Members are cross-trained on all positions.
- Focus on flexibility, being ready to lead the team in the
Kitchen at one moment, and then step in as a GoGetter at the
- Make sure your restrooms are always exceptionally clean and
- Proactively monitor competitor fuel pricing and work with
appropriate business partners to remain competitive.
- Rapidly correct any equipment issues.
- Ensure all Team Members have access to the right training and
- Provide training and leadership to hourly Team Members in the
store, and when assigned, to peer Leads as well.
- Supervise product merchandising and integrity by ensuring that
all equipment consistently passes safety audits and that the
appropriate Team Members on the schedule are certified in food
- Set and promote sales and performance goals for your team and
provide them with the tools to reach those goals.
- Identify strengths and opportunities on your team and think
strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, keeping in
mind that each Team Member has a voice.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Elyria , Kitchen Supervisor, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!