If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for managing
Transportation Management business processes (i.e. procurement,
Freight Bill Audit & Payment, Shipment Planning & Execution) to
ensure that Ryder's solutions are meeting customer requirements.
This position will handle repeatable analysis and tasks driving
continuous cost and service improvement by recommending and
implementing stated improvements. The position will require both
customer and carrier interfacing and capable of representing Ryder
in customer meetings.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root
cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems.
- Provide all support function activity including accuracy and
timeliness of data processing, reporting analysis, and all other
customer specific inquiries.
- Interact with clients in resolving problems and coordinating
- Cohesively work with internal SME(s) to resolve problems and/or
- Process and distribute weekly and monthly customer metrics and
develop customer performance reports.
- Prepare various reports as required or any support document
needed as well as updating SCLM and SCMP.
- Initiates continuous process improvement activities and
- Responsible to measure the transportation networks cost and
service performance as well as analyze, implement, and develop
improvement initiatives in support of the Account Executive.
- Coordinate the activities of TM procurement to achieve best
cost/service solution network.
- Responsible for preparation in support of client quarterly and
monthly account reviews.
- Evaluate, quantify and present opportunities for continuous
improvement at assigned accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, French and English (for Quebec Locations only)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint required) as well as
internet for work related matters
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and customer focus
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- College degree/Technical Certification required in Business,
Logistics, Transportation. A combination of other education and
experiences will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Logistics,
- Two (2) years or more of industry related experience
- Two (2) years or more experience in custom and flow of freight
as well as Transportation Management required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Transportation
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R28891
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.