Chief Nursing Officer. Elyria
Company: UH Cleveland Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
- Accountable for and authorized to develop, implement and
evaluate nursing standards, practice, nursing education in all
settings where nursing care is provided. Leader and advocate for
patient care, nursing, an interdisciplinary care within the
- Participates in strategic planning, policy development and
priority setting for the health system as a member of the senior
leadership team. Provides oversight for the development and
implementation of programs for the delivery of high quality care
and high levels of patient satisfaction. Continually investigates
alternative methods to facilitate daily operations. Has the
responsibility to influence patient care throughout the
organization for patients of all ages.
- Maintains nursing practice standards, quality improvement
processes, productivity and high levels of patient satisfaction
through collaboration with hospital nursing leaders, medical staff,
nursing leaders, nursing staff, service line directors, managers,
and other disciplines.
Critical & Expected Behaviors Service Leadership
- Aligns nursing strategic goals with UH system and UH Nursing
- Assures the provision of patient and family-centered care in a
caring and compassionate manner.
- Maintains an ongoing strategy to improve patient experience and
satisfaction throughout the organization.
- Leads and encourages the development and implementation of lean
initiatives to reduce waste and improve quality.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to staff for all shifts
and uses a variety of methods to keep staff informed.
- Ensures quality care delivery to standards and a safe
environment for patients and staff through performance improvement,
monitoring and resolution of issues.
- Review Systems productivity reports regularly to ensure
staffing levels stay at or better than the targeted benchmark.
- Aligns department goals with the Systems mission and strategic
objectives and works collaboratively with others to provide expert
care and exceptional caring for EMH patients and customers.
Critical & Expected Behaviors Talent Management
- Holds staff accountable to job expectations and performance
- Develops and maintains an ongoing strategy to have an engaged
- Encourages and provides growth opportunities.
- Recognizes and rewards staff regularly.
- Completes a thorough and accurate annual performance evaluation
for each staff member by the established deadline; addresses
performance/conduct issues or developmental needs on a timely basis
and as needed.
- Promotes a diverse workforce by creating an environment of
dignity, respect and fair treatment.
Critical & Expected Behaviors Financial Performance
- Uses zero-based budgeting approach to formulate annual
- Monitors budget throughout the year and demonstrates ability to
explain volume, charge, FTE and expense variances with improvement
- Creates sound business case to support operating and capital
- Maintains labor hours to productivity targets and assures nurse
staffing, planning in compliance with Ohios Nursing Staffing
Critical & Expected Behaviors Administrative
- Demonstrates knowledge of and commitment to the ANA Code for
- Develops organization-wide patient care programs, policies, and
procedures that define and meet the nursing needs of the patient
- Ensures that policies and procedures meet regulatory,
professional and ANA Nursing Standards.
- Promotes, implements and evaluates theory based nursing
practice, nursing research and evidence-based practice as an
integral part of professional nursing care.
- Supports patient safety and promotes a culture of safety.
- Develops a plan to provide for nursing services 24 hours a day,
7 days a week.
- Fosters accountability in a professional shared governance
- Acts as an advocate for patient care and participates in the
strategic planning and resource allocation processes of the
- Participates in the annual operating and capital budget
preparation and is responsible for the budgets of the Patient Care
Departments for which assigned.
- Fosters a climate conducive to educational experiences for
nursing and other students.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of
clinical practice and nursing services.
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, performance
evaluation, credentialing, and continuing professional development
- Assures compliance of APRN credentialing/privileging and
- Advises the Board and/or its committees through regular reports
regarding current issues relating to the Nursing and other clinical
- Assists the System and related affiliated operations in meeting
TJC guidelines, licensure requirements, and in achieving quality
- Maintains an awareness of TJC standards and guidelines, as well
as clinical practice standards and state licensure requirements,
including proposed changes.
Education:MSN or Masters Degree in nursing, healthcare or
business related field required.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN,
Experience, Knowledge, Special Skills & Equipment
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication, interpersonal,
and analytical skills.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances own growth and
- Five to ten years of progressively more responsible nursing
leadership experience within a healthcare organization
Keywords: UH Cleveland Medical Center, Elyria , Chief Nursing Officer. Elyria, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!