Plant Manager (217463-072)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position Title: Plant Manager
Pay Status: Exempt
Supervised By: Varies By Location
Supervises: Varies By Location
- Proven track record for leading Lean (Toyota Production System)
Thorough working knowledge of Policy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri)
- Must have in depth experience managing complex, build to order
products in a vertically integrated facility.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS quality standards.
- Strong background in Asian sourcing, supplier development.
- Working with the Materials personnel, establish purchasing and
inventory control policies and coordinate material requirements and
coordinate activities required by MRP programs.
- Working with the Business Unit Leaders and Marketing Directors,
evaluate new product concepts relative to manufacturing
capabilities, in accordance with business unit external growth
- Oversee the execution of manufacturing schedules and personnel
requirements, and the application of production standards and
- Execute manufacturing schedules and personnel requirements, and
the application of production standards and safety programs.
- Execute manufacturing schedules, based on interaction with
sales/marketing to incorporate predictions into production plans
and resolve special problems.
- Develop and plan budgets for capital expansion of operations,
plant expansion, production equipment purchases, and production
facilities, in conjunction with business unit profit
- Review and report performance against operating plans and
standards per internal corporate reporting procedures.
- Establish, Review and appraise objectives in each functional
area of operations responsibility.
- Review and approve internal budgets and performance against
- Develop and execute an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgets
for Manufacturing Operations.
- Assess need for and assist in implementation strategy for new
manufacturing systems and technologies at all locations.
- Establish cost improvement goals and plans.
- Establish lead time improvement goals and plans.
- Direct compliance with regulatory requirements (FDA, EPA, OSHA,
- Ensure that all required training is identified for and
completed by all direct reports.
- Evaluate staffing needs and costs; identifies, hires and
promotes individuals with the right skills and competencies
necessary to achieve superior results.
- Develop a team environment that values diversity and uses
various individual's strengths to the benefit of the team.
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness
to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in
manufacturing management, preferably in a non-union
- Must have experience working in the Medical Device
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes (GMP/ISO-9000,
MRPII, JIT, Kan-Ban, etc.) and manufacturing equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning
- Thorough knowledge and application of Toyota Production
- Thorough working knowledge of Policy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri)
- Action oriented disposition.
- Knowledge of safety, regulatory and government agencies.
- Manufacturing/Business - related degree; master's degree
- Exceptional administrative/management/communication
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate a participatory
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to establish/maintain credibility and ability to
motivate and direct others toward a self directed workforce.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: Invacare, Elyria , Plant Manager (217463-072), Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!