Supervisor, SAP Materials Management, Functional SME (15952)
Company: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we've been doing it for
90 yearssetting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that
drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We're
part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking
technologies. As part of our team, you'll collaborate with a world
of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose
complements your own. You'll find rewarding opportunities, diverse
experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics
and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives
our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Supervisor, Materials Management
This position is responsible to supervise, direct, analyze,
monitor, enforce, and improve SAP processes at each of the
manufacturing and distribution center locations regarding to supply
planning. Work closely with all plant SCE Managers in rolling out
material management strategy. Training plants on material
management processes and strategies. Perform audits to ensure all
processes are running effectively.
- Lead Supply Chain Excellence managers and material planning
teams to strategize material planning improvements.
- Manage quarterly supply chain manager meetings to ensure
cross-plant planning process collaboration.
- Key liaison to drive planning standardization for global
intra-company production and procurement functions.
- Lead Materials and Supply Chain Management, MRP systems, and
Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Provide on-site routine plant SAP training support to ensure
material planning standardization is attained.
- Develop an SAP governance tool to utilize alignment with
- Identify and partner with SAP Module Leads to enhance SAP
material planning and production planning functionality and
- Analyze and present data extracted from various reports to
ensure material parameters are in alignment with SAP requirements.
Oversee plants to ensure alignment is maintained.
- Lead role in identifying inconsistencies within plant and SAP
standard processes through routine process audits.
- Partner with manufacturing personnel and other supply chain
departments to develop root cause and corrective actions.
- Possess the ability to summarize, report, and manage SAP
process accuracy at a corporate level.
- Manage and seek improvements to minimize inventory levels,
prevent premium freight spend, harmonize demand planning
accuracies, and improve customer day of need delivery for all
- Represent and take the lead on SAP process concern issues
within the CoC and PBT teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Materials and Supply Chain
Management, MRP system, SIOP, JIT, & Lean Manufacturing. SAP, PP,
- In-depth knowledge of materials management techniques
- Knowledgeable in Six Sigma philosophies
- 7-10 years related experience plus two years supervisory
- Proven 2-5 years' experience SAP MM, PP
- Experience in managing others preferred
- Strong ability to establish credibility and trust
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Possesses advanced analytical skills
- Ability to influence and persuade to inspire action. Capable of
energizing the team to world class performance.
- Ability to drive change from concept to completion across
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Capable of successfully performing independently as well as in
a team setting
- Possesses exceptional planning, organizational and presentation
- Results oriented with demonstrated capability of meeting tight
- Advanced systems and data management skills required
- Advanced in Microsoft Office products
- Successful continuous improvement through innovation and
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, or
Business Administration required
- Green Belt certification is a preferred
- APICS certification desired
The demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
What does Bendix have to offer you?
Keywords: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, Elyria , Supervisor, SAP Materials Management, Functional SME (15952), Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!