Asst Donor Care Supv
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for
assisting with the supervision of all aspects of the center and/or
mobile operations; interviews and performs phlebotomy of blood
donors; maintains blood donor records in accordance with policies
and procedures as outlined in the SOP (Standard Operating
Procedures). Depending upon services provided at location, may be
required to perform one or more of the following procedures: Red
Cell/Plasma Whole blood; IAT (Intra-operative Auto-transfusions);
Autologous; Double Red Cells; Whole blood Therapeutic; and/or
various Apheresis procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains awareness and follows all safety procedures, as
outlined by company.
- Assists the Manager or Supervisor in providing direction and/or
supervision of Donor Care Specialists. Assists in training new
employees. May provide input for employee performance
- Maintains complete and accurate records (e.g., donors, units,
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and customer
service when interacting with donors, staff, physicians, blood
drive coordinators, etc.
- Assists in interviewing and phlebotomy of donors, as
- Assists in preparing the unit of blood transferring to
- Coordinates setting-up and maintaining of donor interview and
drawing areas, cleaning of area and equipment, and restocking
- Determines donor acceptability through performance of interview
procedures. Phlebotomizes acceptable donors in accordance with
established standards as outlined in the SOP. Provides explanation
to donors concerning deferrals, as necessary. Consults with
management, as necessary.
- Reports problem/issues (e.g., donor flow, complaints,
coordinator comments, room conditions, etc.) to supervisor, or if
appropriate, the Community Relations Representative.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Vocational echnical certification in a healthcare-related area
- High school graduateGED required.
- Ability to successfully complete all required staff
qualifications and supervisory training programs. Successful
completion of supervisory training program within six months
- Thorough knowledge of SOPs required.
Valid in-state driver's license required.
Two years previous work experience in a healthcare-related
- Demonstrated leadership and good communication skills in order
to supervise other employees.
- Donor interviewing and phlebotomy skills.
- Able to handle donor reaction.
- Legible handwriting.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Basic working knowledge of Windows operating system, keyboard
usage, and PC.
- Able to maintain donor, patient, and employee
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Physical ability to lift, bend or reach.
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends,
- Travel out-of-town may be required.
- Must posses a good driving record (if required to drive a
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, Elyria , Asst Donor Care Supv, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!