Straight & Cut Setup Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for setup and operation of straight & cut machines
using raw materials to produce finished parts.
- Setup and operate straight & cut machines with and without an
automatic drill chamfer.
- Manually straighten steel coil, butt weld and grind end prior
to loading into machine.
- Control & adjust machine setting as required.
- Pull tooling from Tool Crib and document on the tooling
- Read & interpret shop order to produce parts to a predetermined
length and diameter.
- Use appropriate gauges to check product and ensure that parts
meet quality specifications.
- Enter production into kiosk and move product to next
- Perform daily maintenance on machines.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace. Follow
all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Minimum 6 months manufacturing experience with straight & cut
- Prior experience with Shuster and Lewis straight & cut machines
- Prior experience using micrometers, calipers and other
- Prior Tow Motor experience.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment requiring the
employee to stand and walk for majority of an 8 to 10-hour
- Bend, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds
throughout the day.
- Push or pull product up to 200 pounds.
- Use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Elyria , Straight & Cut Setup Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!