Development Engineer - Electrical
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Summary: Provide engineering technical support during the
development process of a new project or the maintenance of an
- Provide engineering input in the following ways:
- Support of project teams up through final release of drawings
and first production run.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of field issues.
- Investigation and implementation of significant cost
- Development of concepts for new products.
- With direction on specific instance, lead the following
activities during the product development process:
- Ensure project runs smoothly achieving specification, financial
and timing objectives. Creation of the overall project plan in
cooperation with functional core team members.
- Provide regular project updates.
- Direct the daily activities of the cross functional team in
relation to project work
- Interface with cross functional management leads to manage
functional resource requirements for the project.
- Assist design and business reviews during the course of the
- Periodic review meetings with all functional groups.
- Perform Product testing and verification.
- Use traceability for requirement verification and change impact
- Provide Electrical System support aligned with various
- Support concept solution development in the S2 phase and
transition to development S3a phase and verification S3b
- Provide sustaining engineering support to assigned product
lines helping the on-going cost reduction/product improvement
- Maintain high level of knowledge of technical aspects of design
or product components/systems.
- Support existing products, particularly in area of "expertise",
with Engineering Documentation and day-to-day consultation to
Operations, Marketing, Technical Services, etc.
- Development and execution of test protocols and plans and risk
assessments based on current standards.
- Release of prints in a manner (accuracy, completeness, and
timeliness) that supports the project timeline.
- Building and testing of prototypes.
- Ensure that all product development processes and activities
conform to Invacare's quality system.
- Complete all required training applicable to assigned
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness
to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
Keywords: Invacare, Elyria , Development Engineer - Electrical, Other , elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!