Field Service Technician
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: January 9, 2022
"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are
HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and
wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is
our top priority."**This Position Follows a Union Bidding
Process**About the Role:Windstream's team of Field Service
Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading
telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business,
enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team
of Field Service Technicians care about technology and connecting
customers to products they value. Through providing technical
expertise and customer support, our Field Service Technicians
create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term
relationships.What You'll Do:
- Install and repair residential and business communications
services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service
of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing
and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including
day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalentEven Better:
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the
equivalent in work experience.Our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream's benefit plans by employees in
bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective
bargaining agreementAbout US:Windstream is a leading provider of
advanced network communications and technology solutions for
consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier
partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services,
including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to
consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified
communications and managed services to business and enterprise
clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local
and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent required.
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the
equivalent in work experience desired.ind123
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At
Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our
people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected
veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship
status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full
consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected
veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation
and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to
post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Elyria , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!