Company: ChanceLight, Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Chancelight Education , a growing, dynamic organization with a
social mission to offer hope, is seeking a School Psychologist to
join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a
culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression
and offers limitless potential for personal and professional
satisfaction! If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented,
outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and
possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar
work ethic - We Should Talk! --- As a School Psychologist, you will
apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior to help
students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and
emotionally. Partnering with families, teachers, school
administrators, and other professionals; you will work to create
safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen
connections between home, school, and the community.
- Collaborating with program personnel, parents, community
agencies, and/or students to promote optimal learning outcomes for
- Utilizing skills in problem solving and assessment to support
teachers in meeting the instructional needs of all students.
- Conducting functional academic and behavioral assessments that
are intervention-oriented to ensure students benefit from
- Utilizing skills in formative and summative evaluation by
collaborating with instructional personnel to collect data on
student learning and behavioral outcomes.
- Assisting program personnel with ongoing progress monitoring of
students' responsiveness to academic and behavioral interventions.
Utilizing data to evaluate effectiveness of interventions for
individual and/or small groups of students.
- Conducting formal and informal observations of students to
guide academic and/or behavioral interventions.
- Assisting IEP teams in the development of meaningful,
objective, and measurable IEP goals and support program personnel
in the progress monitoring of these goals.
- Providing recommendations to IEP teams as to services and
interventions to meet the unique learning needs of students.
- Assisting program personnel with the implementation of
universal screening and progress monitoring in academic and
- Recording and maintaining records and notes in accordance with
- Providing professional development for program personnel on
various topics pertinent to meeting the instructional needs of all
students (e.g., academic assessment and intervention, progress
monitoring, behavioral assessment, classroom management, positive
behavioral support, data collection, data analysis, etc.).
- Conducting (select, administer, score, and interpret)
comprehensive psychoeducational/psychological assessments that will
assist IEP teams in determining the student's need for specialized
- Preparing formal written psychoeducational/psychological
assessment reports that adhere to Chancelight and district
partner's procedures for presenting evaluation and assessment
- Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings to determine
the instructional and/or behavioral needs of all students.
- Participating in professional development opportunities that
are consistent with the goal of this position when requested and
approved by Program leadership in order to keep up to date on
current research, trends, and best practices relevant to the
- Partnering with program personnel in their support of students
who demonstrate aggressive behavior, self-injurious behavior,
and/or disruptive behavior of a high magnitude.
- Maintaining all required licenses and certifications.
- Performing other duties as assigned to ensure the program's
success that are consistent with the goal of this position.
- Bachelors degree in psychology or related field
- State psychologist certification/license
- Experience in applied behavior analysis
- Highly skilled at working with students with diverse needs
- Experience working in education preferred Chancelight Education
, is the nation's leading provider of alternative and special
education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45
years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts
nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than
240,000 student lives ! Learn more about our history, our mission
and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
- As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided with
the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to
achieve performance, success and advancement goals; and receive all
the tools essential to reaching personal & professional
fulfillment! Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More! If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures this is your Chance ! Join
us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
today! Careers, With Chancelight. = Work. With Purpose. Experience
- Experience working in education preferred
- Highly skilled at working with students with diverse needs
- Experience in applied behavior analysis Education Required
- Bachelors or better in Psychology or related field Licenses &
- Has License/Credentialing Behaviors Preferred
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organizationEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: ChanceLight, Inc., Elyria , School Psychologist, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!