Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 9, 2022
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferredCertifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in -medical oncology, radiation oncology,
-cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , RN Hospital, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!