Lead Medical Assistant - General Pulmonary
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Utilizes medical and administrative skills to provide support to
patients and health care staff under the supervision of a physician
or nurse. Collaborates with nursing leadership to coordinate and
resolve daily operational issues within specified clinical area.Job
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering
information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens,
performing tests, and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately
identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering,
stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Collaborates with nursing leadership for department initiatives
and outcomes, promotes engagement, and assists with team building
initiatives and onboarding of new medical assistants and ambulatory
- Assists with communication and implementation of best practices
within clinical area.
- Provides feedback to Nurse Manager/designee on medical
assistants and ambulatory clinical technicians for new hire, mid-
year and annual reviews.
- Coordinates activities including holding huddles and department
meetings and day to day staffing coverage for medical assistants
and ambulatory clinical technicians.
- Participates in clinical and departmental meetings and ensure
information sharing with other team members.
- Collaborates with nursing and physician leadership for issues
involving clinical decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program.
(As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee).
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical
experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical
- Proficient in English language requiredCertifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- American Academy of Medical Assistant (AAMA) Certification
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Requires strong organizational skills with the ability to
- Must be able to foster teamwork and coach others for
- Minimum 3 years recent clinical experience as a medical
assistant required.Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision. Exerting
up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly
(Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time)
to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a
production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be
and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of
force exerted is negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System
and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to
provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants
for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All
offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled
substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates
for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment, transfers and
promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate
without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled
or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by
law. Information provided on this application may be shared with
any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.Please review the Equal
Employment Opportunity posterCleveland Clinic Health System is
pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Individuals with DisabilitiesSchedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , Lead Medical Assistant - General Pulmonary, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!