Company: cleveland clinic
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Provides general and specialized direct and indirect patient
care through the application of sound procedures and practices to
patients of all ages. Utilizes competency in the behavioral, growth
and development, and psychosocial needs of the population
- Provides general and specialized direct and indirect patient
care through the application of sound procedures and
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments within
defined time frames.
- Assesses and documents patient's pain levels utilizing
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed
needs/problems in collaboration with the patient, family, and
health care team.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Delegates appropriate components of the nursing care plan to
other members of the nursing team.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other
disciplines that promotes wellness and facilitates the discharge
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Completion of a recognized course of study from an accredited
School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) certification required.Competencies (Complexity
- Desire to work in multiple hospitals.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum two years recent acute care experience in areas
utilizing telemetry monitoring such as cardiac, step - down,
medical / surgical telemetry units, concentrated care
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System
and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to
provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants
for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All
offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled
substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates
for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment, transfers and
promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate
without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled
or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by
law. Information provided on this application may be shared with
any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.Please review the Equal
Employment Opportunity posterCleveland Clinic Health System is
pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Individuals with DisabilitiesSchedule: Full Time
Keywords: cleveland clinic, Elyria , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!