RN - Cardiovascular Surgery Stepdown
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 19, 2021
For the 27th consecutive year, Cleveland Clinic's heart program
has ranked as the best in the nation, earning the No. 1 ranking in
U.S. News & World Report's -2021-22 Best Hospitals.- Since 1995, no
hospital in the country has ranked higher than Cleveland Clinic in
cardiac care. Each year, patients travel from all 50 states and 135
countries to Cleveland Clinic's Sydell and Arnold Miller Family
Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute for expert care and
exceptional outcomes.-Our five Cardiothoracic Surgery Step-down
Units encompass 120 beds staffed for superior nursing care. Our
nurses exemplify professional practice through continuing
education, innovation, research and multidisciplinary team
collaboration to provide patient-centered care that promotes
quality and best outcomes for our patients. These units see the
most complex cardiac cases worldwide.-The J51, J53 and J62 units
each feature 24 beds and are dedicated to the care of the patient
receiving coronary artery bypass surgery, valve repair or
replacement and minimally invasive or off-pump coronary bypass
surgery. In addition to this post-operative open heart patient
population, we also care for all cardiac-related admissions,
including Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD/RVAD) on all three
units, Total Artificial Hearts (TAH) on J51/J53, and nitroglycerin
drips to manage chest pain on J62.Provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.Responsibilities:
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.KEYWORDS: J51, J5-1, Heart, Cardiac,
Cardiology, HVTI, HVI, J5, Step down, Step-down#LI-AF1
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , RN - Cardiovascular Surgery Stepdown, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!