Registered Nurse - Dialysis
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.Unit Information: Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
is known to have one of the busiest dialysis units in the region -
averaging approximately 2,000 treatments annually. Our advanced
dialysis unit offers a range of dialysis services, including
inpatient hemodialysis, inpatient peritoneal dialysis and critical
care-based dialysis. Our approach to patient care is a team-based
approach and our nursing staff takes pride in the excellent care we
deliver our patients.To ensure we are always offering our patients
superior care in an environment that is ideal for our nurses, our
nursing unit holds monthly and bi-monthly staff meetings to discuss
department updates and ensure all members of our nursing team are
apprised of new information, unit changes, announcements and more
Fairview:Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital is now ranked as the
No. 4 hospital among Cleveland-area hospitals and the No. 5
hospital in Ohio, according to U.S. News & World Report's -2020-21
Best Hospitals.- Excellence in Healthcare That You Have Come to
Expect.--Fairview Hospital is a 488-bed hospital located at the
western edge of Cleveland, overlooking the Cleveland Metroparks.-We
are a fully accredited hospital by The Joint Commission, with a
certified Level II Trauma Center.-Fairview Hospital's strong
clinical Centers of Excellence include: Birthing Services, Cancer
Center, Emergency and Level II Trauma, Heart Center, Surgery.-We
are proud to be a Magnet- Hospital, Awarded by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center; this designation is the highest honor an
organization can receive for professional nursing practice.-RN New
Grads Participate in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside
a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. Transitions to RN
Resident II upon successful completion of the core
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.#LI-EW1
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , Registered Nurse - Dialysis, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!