Lodi Emergency Department PRN RN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Emergency Services,
the RN Emergency Department is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing, and evaluating the care of patients in the Emergency
Department. Oversees all assigned personnel, supplies, and
equipment in the Emergency and promotes teamwork with physicians
and personnel of other departments.
- Assesses the health status of all patients upon arrival in the
Emergency Department as outlined in the Nursing Standards and
maintains current nursing knowledge, clinical skills and knowledge
of medication to meet the needs of the emergency department
- Assesses the delivery of nursing care in the Emergency
Department including assessing the number and level of personnel
needed to provide quality patient care and collaborates with the
supervisor in adjusting staffing.
- Organizes assessment data so that they are accurate, complete,
and accessible, and so that they remain confidential.
- Communicates assessment data in an orderly fashion by
recording, updating, and verbalizing pertinent information to
health team members and to appropriate agencies.
- Serves as a patient advocate by establishing desired outcomes
that are mutually agreed upon by the nurse, patient, family, and
- Serves on hospital or departmental committee(s) and helps to
plan policies and procedures as directed by manager.
- Plans and participates in implementing activities to solve
problems and to make improvements in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in keeping department clean and organized, and restocks
supplies as necessary.
- Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service
policies and procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and Contributes to
the performance evaluation peer reviews.
- Acts rapidly, effectively, and manages self, patients, and
other employees during any emergency situation. Responds
immediately to any emergency within the hospital.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Educational Facilities to
facilitate student learners at the LCH campus.
- Performs Occupational Health duties as related to Occupational
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Completes Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) within one year of appointment to position and maintains
current certification thereafter.
- Follows hospital/system and department policies with special
attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress
code and display of ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.Certifications:
- current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
Completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) within one year of appointment to
position and maintains current certification thereafter.Complexity
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- One-year clinical experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , Lodi Emergency Department PRN RN, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!