LPN Home Health - East of I-77 Service Area
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Responsible for ensuring continuity of care and coordinating
discharge planning. Acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team
by providing direct patient under multiple levels of care. Collects
and documents objective and subjective patient data, in accordance
with the agency policies and procedures. Reports data, as
appropriate, to the directing registered nurse and other members of
the health care team, so that a plan of care is initiated and
changes are accurately addressed.Responsibilities:
- Actively engages and educates potential customers to the
benefits and appropriateness of care.
- Ensures the patient and his/her family has adequate knowledge
and understanding of the hospice or homecare benefit, as
- For hospice only, processes incoming referrals.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data
for analysis by a RN.
- Observes patients and reports any unusual conditions to
- Observes for safety risk and implements safety measures that
are within scope of practice.
- Administers medications, within scope of practice, and observes
patients for effectiveness in relief of symptoms as well as for
adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides direct patient care including dressing changes and
laboratory tests as part of the plan of care.
- Provides ongoing education and information to patients and
family members, taking into consideration cultural issues and other
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and interventions.
- Ensures seamless transition to the residential setting by
coordinating services at time of discharge.
- Flexibility in setting and revising priorities for one?s daily
assignment based on patient needs/acuity, family requests and
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing
- English requiredCertifications:
- Current Ohio License as a Licensed Practical Nurse required,
with M-IV certification preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Valid Ohio Driver?s license upon hire; per policy 8-175
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000
coverage upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter. -Competencies
(Complexity of Work):
- Knowledgeable regarding JCAHO and Medicare standards and
- The ability to work confidently and accurately in a fast-paced,
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with patients,
physicians, community agencies and institutions while providing
excellent service and care.Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year clinical experience as a professional nurse
in an acute setting. -
- In Hospice, previous hospice experience preferred.
- In Homecare, previous infusion experience preferred.Physical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
- Must be ambulatory and able to drive to patients' homes, able
to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the
- Must be able to read, write and communicate with
patients.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Keywords: LPN, licensed practical nurse,
nurse, vocational nurse, home, flexible, autonomous, community
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Elyria , LPN Home Health - East of I-77 Service Area, Healthcare , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!