Company: Parker Hannifin
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Position Summary:This is an individual contributor role where
- Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts,
processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core
- Develops and recommends solutions to well-defined engineering
requirements, or for components or segments of a complex product or
system, to ensure that design objectives are met.
- Applies engineering principles based on assigned engineering
domain (e.g. mechanical; electrical, chemical, etc).
- Interfaces with both internal Parker contacts and with internal
cross-functional teams, as well as customers.
- Has experience with turbomachinery such as pumps and turbines;
pneumatics equipment such as valves, compressors and regulators and
compressible fluids. Essential Functions:
- Develops detailed product specifications by analyzing
performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors
such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost,
operational efficiency, and contractual requirements.
- Performs feasibility and trade studies applying standard
analytical methods; recommends solutions which are defined and
reviewed for implementation.
- Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and
precision. Ensures conformance to product qualification procedures
and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and
safety standards. May utilize and interpret predictive models to
simulate and verify design concepts.
- Provides technical information for review with product
engineering teams using established engineering practices,
standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design
process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation
for procedures and technical reports; may assist in writing
technical proposals for customers.
- Contributes to the completion milestones associated with
specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system
layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data
structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material
requirements; research customer data item requirements).
- Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness,
form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures.
Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and
recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements
to engineering management or the project team.
- Maintains current level of professional and technical knowledge
by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical
publications, and/or participating in professional
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Assists in mentoring
new employees. May represent the company on specific projects or
engineering tasks. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE)
certificate) in an engineering or science technical
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically
acquired through 3 or more years of related experience.
- Has working knowledge of engineering domain principles and
techniques, product functionality, industry practices, regulations,
and policies. General knowledge of other related engineering and
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g.
computer-aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard
software packages. May require capability using specialized
software applications or languages.
- Experience with turbomachinery such as pumps and turbines
- Experience with pneumatics equipment such as valves,
compressors and regulators
- Experience with compressible fluids
- Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and
team goals; applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques
that should be applied. Works collaboratively in a team
- Ability to effectively communicate status, actions,
recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and
precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and
business teams. Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in
motion and control technologies. For more than a century the
company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a
better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or
@parkerhannifin.Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race,
ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. U.S.
Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required.
Keywords: Parker Hannifin, Elyria , Aerospace Engineer, Engineering , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!