Sr. Test Engineer - Wheel End
Company: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC,
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Want to help shape tomorrow?-- At Bendix we---ve been doing it
for 90 years---setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions
that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety.--
We---re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in
braking technologies. As part of our team, you---ll collaborate
with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of
purpose complements your own. You---ll find rewarding
opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering
commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA.
Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today!
www.bendix.com/careers. Position Summary:-- This position will
perform a full range of technical work including writing new test
procedures, sign-off test reports, draft laboratory management
policies & procedures, test report templates, measurement
uncertainty budgets and inter-laboratory correlation studies.--
This position also runs laboratory empirical investigations
resolving component level root-cause analysis. Essential
- Plans, conducts and coordinates a broad range of complex
engineering technical assignments requiring an in-depth knowledge
of foundation brake hardware and laboratory testing techniques
including inertia dynamometer, strain gage measurement.
- Regarded as a foundation brake hardware technical expert in the
area of laboratory test methods.
- Will be a support resource to other Bendix department requiring
vehicle test support.
- Will direct and coordinate laboratory activities of other test
engineers or technicians on specific assignments.--
- Has appreciable latitude for independent action and
- Position is non-supervisory. Skills:
- Effective at communicating complex testing principles with a
variety of audience including customers and suppliers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid analytical skills--
- Good organizational and project management skills Knowledge:
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills. E.g. DFSS, 8D--
- DFMEA and DVP&R processes--
- Able to write test procedures and test plans--
- Knowledge of ISO17025 a plus.
- Knowledge of air brake systems a plus--
- Experience running brake tests on inertia dynamometer.
- 10 years minimum experience with foundation brake hardware
testing within the automotive industry or commercial vehicle
industry is required.--
- Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
- 8D process experience and demonstrated implementation of PCA
solutions will be highly regarded. Education:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is required
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred Job
Requirements:Required SkillsWhat does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st
day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan Required Experience#LI-KM1
Keywords: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC,, Elyria , Sr. Test Engineer - Wheel End, Engineering , Elyria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!